Premier Medical secures ‘Disability Confident’ status for third year
14th September 2018
Premier Medical has secured its status as an accredited Disability Confident employer for the third year running.
Disability Confident is a Government-backed scheme that aims to help employers make the most of the talents that disabled people can bring to the workplace.
As an accredited Disability Confident employer, Premier Medical:
- has undertaken and successfully completed the Disability Confident self-assessment
- is taking all of the core actions required to be a Disability Confident employer
- is offering at least one activity to get the right people for our business
- offers at least one activity to keep and develop its people
The Disability Confident campaign claims that over half of all workplaces are missing out because they exclude disabled talent, either through lack of accessibility, and aims to help businesses:
- draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- secure high-quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that they treat all employees fairly
It also helps customers and other businesses identify those employers who are committed to equality in the workplace.
According to Disability Confident, organisations that are accredited to the scheme play a leading role in changing attitudes for the better, changing behaviour and cultures in their own businesses, networks and communities.
Premier Medical’s best-practice approach to employment and equality has earned the company the right to call itself a Disability Confident employer for the third consecutive year.Back