March 2015 – Capita Medical reporting registered as Tier 1 MRO provider
26th March 2015
Capita Medical reporting has announced that it has registered as a high volume (Tier 1) national MRO provider.
The qualifying criteria for all Medical Reporting Organisations (MROs) to register on the MedCo Registration Solutions (MedCo) IT portal and the additional qualifying criteria for MROs classified as having high claims capacity and national coverage are set out here.
Capita Medical reporting sucessfully demonstrated the following:
- A minimum of two years’ trading history
- An operational capability, with:
- capacity to process a minimum of 40,000 independent reports per annum
- contractual arrangements with at least 250 medical experts
- contracted medical experts in listed postcodes
- a minimum of five distinct unassociated clients at the time of registration, none of whom represent more than 40 per cent of the total instruction volume
- A documented disaster recovery plan
- A chief medical officer who is registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) or the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- An appointment of a Caldicott Guardian (a senior person responsible for patient confidentiality and appropriate information sharing)
- An ability to offer A2A functionality.